I welcome you all to my inspirational blog

...it all started with this inspirational blog that led me to writing my book:

"It’s not about putting your foot behind your ear -Living an Inspired Life/A personal journey of transformation through yoga"

I will on a regular basis post excerpts of my forthcoming book on this blog. Feel free to follow along, enjoy my writing, and give me feedback. Come, be my travel companion on this inspirational journey!


Sunday, July 24, 2011

Maroccan Dinner

 Chickpea and Carrot Salad

Ingredients:

2 cups of cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained. 

2 cups of grated carrots.

2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
1 garlic clove, sliced red onion
1 ½ tablespoons of fresh dill, minced.
1 tablespoon of olive oil.
½ teaspoon of ground cumin.


Directions:
In a glass or ceramic bowl, toss all ingredients, cover.
Allow the salad stand for several hours at room temperature.


to serve: arrange on a bed of lettuce or kale


Hummus from scratch

Ingredients:

1 garlic clove.
¼ cup of toasted sesame seeds
¼ cup of fresh lemon juice.
2 cups of canned chickpeas drained, rinsed.
½ cup of water.
¼ teaspoon of ground cumin.
¼ teaspoon of cayenne.
Salt, to taste.
Extra virgin olive oil.
Lemon wedges.

Indian Prasad (flat bread) freshly toasted golden and fragrant

Directions:

In a food processor or blender, combine the garlic, sesame seeds and lemon juice; process until the mixture whitens.

Add the chickpeas and process until smooth.

Add the water, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.

Add the cumin, cayenne and salt and process. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment