I welcome you all to my inspirational blog

...it all started with this inspirational blog that led me to writing my book:

"It’s not about putting your foot behind your ear -Living an Inspired Life/A personal journey of transformation through yoga"

I will on a regular basis post excerpts of my forthcoming book on this blog. Feel free to follow along, enjoy my writing, and give me feedback. Come, be my travel companion on this inspirational journey!


Friday, November 26, 2010

What is a True Friend?

What is a True Friend?
First off there are many levels of friendship and the word “friend” is sometimes used very lightly. I believe a true friend is very rare. True friendship means 100% trust in each other, knowing that they would do anything for each other, even if it would mean giving up one’s life for each other. True friends can share EVERYTHING, good or bad; being a real friend means speaking the truth, even if it hurts. True friends will make time for each other when the other is in need of their company. They are likely to be interested in all aspects of each other’s life’s and will not desert each other for other people. A true friend is someone who would stop their own life to come to help despite the fact that there was no incentive or even risk or pain for them to do so. A true friend knows everything about you and still loves you, if not more so. That is true friendship to me and it ranks at the same level with true love which is as powerful as true friendship and the two combined create the ultimate in human relationships. `SSP

"When we open ourselves
to the heart of a friend or lover,
we trust that we are cherished,
loved unconditionally."

"Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit."
-- Khalil Gibran

For even more inspiration please watch: Journeys in Love and Friendship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQOqK9AcGqU

No comments:

Post a Comment